Sunday, December 25, 2011

Our Magical Christmas

I really must share some of the magical highlights of our Christmas this year. Even to think about it the tears start flowing...I have turned into such a baby lately.

I think this has got to be the BEST Christmas I have ever had. It was also the most magical in so many ways. 

I got a good bonus and we were able to (for the first time in several years) give more than we've been able to in years! It was totally stress free and we didn't go in the hole at all. Every one of my kids and grandsons were completely thrilled with their gifts...They have always been happy with whatever we have been able to give them even when things were hard but they were ecstatic this year and very surprised! It was wonderful. 

That was not the magical side though and while we have all been chatting it is very clear that...YES they loved their gifts but their favorite part of it was doing the 12 days of Christmas. We have done it every year for someone but this year we did it for a family much closer to home and it made it mean a bit more. It filled our hearts with such joy! 

We were able to resurrect a tradition that we have enjoyed for more than 20 years after a forced 2 year hiatus and we also were able to rebuild a bridge that was burned and let a special family know how much we have missed them and just how much we love them. (that was my secret magical Christmas wish this year) Thank you so much for that special gift! Let the healing of old wounds begin!

Now for some pictures of our beautiful Christmas of LOVE, LAUGHTER, JOY, HAPPINESS, AND FAMILY!!

1 comment:

Dianie said...

Linda, It was a wonderful Christmas!
It was so nice to come over to your home for Christmas eve. it was so warm,cozy and Christmasy as ever, with all the love,fun and laughter a person could hope for.

Love all the pics.. The little ones look like they are really getting into Christmas this year, I think 4 is that magical age..lol


hugs,
~Diane