For the past few years I have made cookies at Christmas for neighbors, co-workers and family. I have NEVER been much for baking and do very little if any through the year but....I become a cookie making freak this time of year.
30 dozen cookies baked
HOLY SMOKES
hope I can get them all bagged and ready to give before Christmas is over...LOL
This year I did try a few different kinds, hopefully they are good.
wanna have a little look~see?
Molasses
Peanut Butter
Huckleberry Thumbprints
Snicker doodles
Red Velvet with white chocolate chips
Pumpkin with butterscotch chips
Pumpkin with chocolate chips
ANYWAY...
Saturday night I got busy making all the cookie dough and Sunday morning I got up early, cranked up the Christmas music and started baking...It took almost the entire day but, it was SOOOOO worth it. I baked and in between batches sang and danced around the kitchen with my wooden spoon as my microphone.
I had Barney do all my last minute running and my daughters were gone...most of the day was just ME time!! OHHH MY was it ever magical!!
I had Barney do all my last minute running and my daughters were gone...most of the day was just ME time!! OHHH MY was it ever magical!!
I didn't even get out of my jammies all day!!
It's amazing to me that spending time alone can be so uplifting and well....MAGICAL!!
I am pretty sure that my husband, kids and grandkids think I have lost my freaking mind...
BWHAHAHAHAHA
They may be right!
I don't really know what has gotten in to me this year. I have had an exceptionally tough year and money is just as tight as it has been the past few years, yet I am more excited for Christmas this year than I have been for a very long time.
I think I just might have learned to just let go of the things I can't change. I have always been a worrier and tend to fret over everything...my crap as well as the crap that belongs to those I love and care about. Carrying all that around with me had really affected me in a very bad way!
I say NO MORE!! It does no good to worry about things that you have no control over...
C'mon!!
DO IT WITH ME!!
DO IT WITH ME!!
IT'S TIME!
JUST LET IT GO!!
Since I have let go, I have been feeling overly cheerful and I have peace of mind and contentment and joy has entered my heart.
IT'S DOWN RIGHT BLISSFUL!!
I still have days that I forget and out of habit pick that big load back up and have a hard time putting it down but not very often anymore!!
I still have days that I forget and out of habit pick that big load back up and have a hard time putting it down but not very often anymore!!
There also seems to be another FANTABULOUS side affect from all of this....it seems to be a wee bit contagious!! My family is even beginning to smile and laugh a little more, hug a little more and argue A LOT less!!
Wishing you all a truly Joyous day of letting go!!
Love to all!!






1 comment:
Hi Linda :)
What a most cheerful and uplifting post.
I can see you dancing around in your jammies with that ever so famous wooden spoon microphone singing tunes:)
Your cookies look yummo!
the huckleberry and red velvet are so unique and look yummy.
Alone time is magical.. I have so much fun when i'm by myself.. course, I wouldnt want to be alone all the time..
Have a splendid day!
~Diane
Post a Comment