Saturday, December 24, 2011

OH NO!!! WE WERE FOUND OUT!!


This blog gave me away!! Damn my blogging addiction!!
Now that the BIG secret is out, I can tell you what my favorite part of this Christmas season was.

When my girls were little, we had someone do the 12 days of Christmas for us. The excitement in their faces was priceless as they tried so hard to catch them each night. 

Every year since we have done it for someone else that we felt was in need of some Holiday cheer.

We all sat down to decide who we would do it for this year I told my sweetheart and my girls who I wanted it to be and why..it was someone that my heart has ached for all year and especially in recent months. I wasn't sure how my suggestion would go over with everyone so I tried to keep my mind open to any other suggestions that my family had. There was no question...Each one felt this family was the one that needed Christmas Joy more than any other we knew.

DECISION MADE!

On Tuesday December 13th we drove by and scoped out the scene.

ALL CLEAR!

We each took our turn placing our special gifts on their porch...praying that we would not get caught! It was something I looked forward to each night.
I made a HUGE Santa Sac to carry all the gifts for the final night and I will tell you what, I had to lug that thing down the street to get it to them. I'm sure it was pretty funny to see...when I tried to run back to the car....I tripped and thought I was going to fall...BWHAHAHAHA!! Luckily I caught myself and made it to the car...I think it may take me a week to recover after this undercover operation....Oh my it was SOOOOO worth it!!
We received a HUGE bonus this year. Usually our reward for doing this is all the warm and fuzzy feelings that fill the season. This year there was a VERY special gift left for us. The most beautiful painting EVER!!
I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!


Here's a picture of the sac of gifts for the final delivery! It ended up much bigger than I thought it would be and MUCH heavier!!

I just have to share a little story on how this even affects the little kiddies when you get them involved. My grandson Jace is 4 years old and he even took his turn placing the gifts on the porch. He was helping me get one of the gifts ready to go and was full of questions. I explained that this was for a family that was having a hard time and that they needed our help to make their Christmas a special one. He looked at me with those big brown, innocent eyes and said
"They can have my presents. I don't need anymore toys, I already have LOTS of toys!!"
The tears ran down my face as I saw first hand the pure sweet love coming from Little Jace's heart...He learned something very special about what Christmas is all about this year and that is the best gift of all to me!!

This is the most magical part of the season for our family. Just to sit back and remember what it was like all those years ago when it was done for us and imagining the smile we may be putting on another families face...*sigh*
It truly makes my heart sing to think that, even for a moment we could brighten someone else's day during a trying time. This is what makes this such a wonderful tradition!

Hope you all have joyful day of Love!!

1 comment:

Dianie said...

How did I miss this post???

This was the kindest, most thoughtful and heartwarming thing that has ever been done for us.
Alan was near tears and in 18 years, Ive only seen him shed a tear twice. Well, and of course, I was a blubbering fool.
I pray and will work hard to be in a better position in the coming year as we would like nothing more in this world then to be able to do the 12 days of Christmas for a family.

Love Diane