Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Magic of Christmas ~ Day 8


In December of 2009, I witnessed a true act of selflessness that boosted my holiday spirits to a whole new level. 

Barney and I went to get some gas. When we pulled up to the pump, we noticed a tent with a bunch of people wearing Santa hats. As he got out a few of these people descended upon him... a lady walked up to him and said "How would you like us to fill your car with gas?"...."That would be great!!" he said...and they quickly washed the windows and put gas in the car. We thought some organization was doing it....he asked a man that was video taping it...and was told everyone there was part of the King family and that's what they do at Christmas, they give up their Christmas to do this for others. They handed him a piece of paper with a candy cane attached and a quote from Charles Shultz ....saying
"Christmas is doing something a little extra for someone else"
I will remember this quote for the rest of my life.
I was totally blown away by this show of generosity!
THANK YOU TO THE KING FAMILY FOR SHOWING US WHAT THE TRUE MEANING OF THE SEASON IS!! 
Can you imagine doing something like this?
I would so LOVE to be in a position to do something similar one year. I am going to start brainstorming ideas and come up with something that maybe I can do.
 It was an entire family ~ brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, kids....everyone...and Every single one of them wore the biggest smiles on their faces I have EVER seen. It was totally obvious that each one was oozing with pure joy and happiness!

God Bless You All!!

1 comment:

Dianie said...

I remember you telling me this story.
I would love to be in the same position to do such a kind and selfless act a the Kings.

You know... it could be as simple as pulling over and helping an older lady or gentleman carry in their groceries from the car.

Hmmmmm ????

~Diane