Have you ever wondered how in the world you are going to be able to buy Christmas gifts? Well I have and I'll tell you what, those years usually ended up being our most wonderful, magical Christmas' ever!
I can remember one year when my girls were little, We had $100.00 to buy gifts. I was truly sick over it. I had grown up in a home that always seemed to have HUGE Christmas'. I moped for awhile then I remembered something my mom had said to me once. "when they are little it's not what you spend, It's the number of presents to open. Besides, most of the toys you buy are going to get broken fairly quickly." OK I decided, we CAN make this work! My sweetums and I took off to a little store called McFrugals. We bought each of our girls a nice little baby doll then headed over to the the cheapO toys and bought a boat load of crap. They each had about 30 gifts under the tree and guess what....They LOVED every gift!
I learned a very valuable lesson that year but, as the years passed we got caught up in the commercialism of the holiday and that lesson was eventually forgotten until a couple of years ago when we once again found ourselves struggling to come up with extra money for Christmas. I was so depressed about it and no matter what I did it seemed to have no affect on my BahHumBug mood. Then about 2 weeks before Christmas I had an idea...I decided to make it a homemade Christmas...I worked like a mad woman searching ideas the pouring my heart into each precious gift. I wasn't sure if I would get them finished in time and I had to work right on through Christmas Eve but, I got them all finished just in time! I loved that years Christmas more than any other year that I can remember. It was truly magical and beautiful! I have tried to do the mostly homemade Christmas' since and it has made each year so special for me. There is such excitement in the air for me while I'm busy pouring my heart into these gifts.
This year it has been hard to find the time to do homemade gifts with my house bursting at the seams once again and little ones underfoot. I will still be making a few but not like I wish I could have done.
I believe that a home made gift from the heart is the best gift anyone could give or receive!!
Here are a few pictures of gifts from the heart I've made.
Here are a few pictures of gifts from the heart I've made.
GOD BLESS!!


2 comments:
Those are the best gifts ever!
I love and cherish mine.
Well, This is the hardest year i ever remember.. there aint even the $100 dollars..and, trying to create handmade gifts is nearly impossible with the little ones running about.
But still, I do believe in "Magic".
It is hard to do much with little ones underfoot but I really do believe it will all come together. Besides, as long as you are together you will have an amazing and beautiful Christmas full of love and that's what is most important! Just keep on believing in the magic and have the best Christmas EVER. Sending Love and Light your way!!
Post a Comment