One of the first signs of the magic to me is the decorations. OH MY GOSH can I just tell you how much I LOVE the warm feeling of walking into my house once the decorations start going up. It always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling deep within!
We have not had the room to pull out ALL our decorations for several years. I am having a GREAT time with it this year!! (Not sure my sweetums feels the same. I've been working him to death! hehehe)
Here are a few of my warm and fuzzy feeling makers!
This lighted basket with my poinsetta arrangement is one I recieved when my dad passed away 8 years ago. It is so special to me ! Every time I look at it memories of my dad bring tears of joy to my eyes.
Christmas Village
My grandsons think Santa's elves live there. They stand on a chair and peek into the windows to try and catch a glimpse of them. Oh my how they make me smile.
The Tree
To me the tree is the main decoration. I have a serious obsession with snowmen, so it's only natural for me to choose to make ours a snowman tree. I even made some of the decorations myself. Last year I made several snowmen ornaments out of socks and this year I decided to try making the tree topper. I crocheted it and I truly LOVE the end result.
Then there is the front porch. I have always wanted a big front porch and I love that I have one now.
On Black Friday my sweetums and me headed to Tia Pan to try and get some great deals on decorations and SCORE!! We got what we needed and saved BIG bucks too. The porch is still a work in progress. Pictures will come when it's finished.
Decorate with Love and Magic!!
2 comments:
It looks like Christmas at your house!!! LOVE IT!!
Your tree looks fabulous! LOVE the topper :)
I changed the color drastically in my living room this past summer.. OH POOH, I forgot that I had nothing as far as Christmas decorations to match,lol.. I did manage to find & put up blue ribbons, and make snowflakes..lol
~Diane
Oh I love your tree :)
~Mandi
Post a Comment