Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Magic of Christmas ~ Day 4

Today I thought I would share a YUMMY Christmas cookie recipe with you. I have made lots and lots of cookies to give as Christmas gifts and I thought I would share one of my favorites with you!
I don't know why I only make them at Christmas time, maybe because they have always just seemed like a Christmas cookie.

Cookies are definately part of the magic. What else could you possibly leave out for santa?

OH MY GOSH!! I am getting so excited for a Day spent in the kitchen baking dozens and dozens of holiday cookies! YUMMO!!!!! Yep, that about sums it up...hehehe

SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES

Ingredients
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large eggs
1/2 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt 
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions
Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
Stir in egg and molasses and mix well.
Fold in dry ingredients and stir.
Cover and chill till firm (1-2 hours).
Preheat oven to 350°.
Roll dough into small balls and roll in white sugar.
Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes.
Leave on sheet one minute until set.


The kitchen is the heart of any home.
May your kitchen be warm and full of the wonderful scents of the season!!

1 comment:

Dianie said...

OMGOSH!
I was just telling my mom that your molasses cookies were my favorite!

These are the best cookies I have ever put in my mouth.. I hope that anyone who reads your blog snags the recipe and whips up a batch.

I'm going to :) Thanks so much for sharing your yummo recipe!

~Diane