Traditions
Does your family have any special traditions? I think traditions are wonderful but sometimes life throws a curve ball at you and you have to tweak those traditions or maybe start a new one all together. This is not necessarily a bad thing but it can be difficult sometimes. We hosted a Christmas Open House on Christmas Eve for many, many years. It started as a family thing then evolved into a HUGE event as years passed.
A few years ago we went through some pretty hard times and had to move into a teeny tiny closet of a house. There was no way we could have that party. I was so sad about that. The past two Christmas' I have felt a bit lost without it, my kids have too, they would rather have that party than any gift we could EVER give them. My sister invited us to her house both years (which meant the world to me) and we had a good time but it was just not the same.
Well, we are having it this year!! WOOT WOOT!!! I'm sure it won't be the same and, who knows, it may end up just being our little family. If nobody comes, it will be fine, I just know it's a move toward bringing back a lost tradition that means so much to me....I have wanted to do this so....SO bad and am VERY excited about it!!
For the few Family and Friends that read this blog....C'mon over and help us celebrate the come back of my FAVORITE tradition of the season!!
I know I keep saying this but...I am overflowing with the spirit of Christmas this year.
It's not about the gifts I may get or the gifts I may give...It's all the little things; the laughter, the joy, the tree, the lights, the music, the Christmas shows, the treats, I could honestly go on and on and on...But I won't... hahaha...To me, the top of my list is about being surrounded with the love of my family...you know....the only thing that really even matters at all!!
So, grab up those little ones and hug them tight... teach them what Christmas is truly about.
LAUGHTER, JOY, HARMONY, PEACE
and most important of all
LOVE
The Loving bond of a family means EVERYTHING!!
1 comment:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You get your Christmas eve party :)
To tell you the truth.. I think everyone I know that attended your Christmas eve party all those years, was lost the last couple of years.
I remember Alan and I looking at each other on Christmas eve, not knowing what to do??? lol..
I bet it will be an awesome turnout.. full otf that same fun,laughter and love :)
Love,
~Diane
Post a Comment