Monday, November 7, 2011

24 Days of Gratitude ~ Day 7

My heart is starting to fill with gratitude as I'm making these posts. We sometimes forget to appreciate all the wonderful blessings we have in our lives and what REALLY matters most.

I know I tend to forget quite often. The little things that we take for granted that we are blessed with all the time.

Today I am grateful for Life's Simple Pleasures
What are your simple pleasures?
Here are some of my favorites

1. Every morning when my hubbs wakes me with a steaming cup of coffee fixed up just how I Like it and all my pills I have to take.
2. When my grandsons greet  me with squeals, hugs and kisses after a long day at work
3. cuddling on the couch and watching....well, watching anything on TV
4. Soft and comfy jammies...LOVE!!
5. Being important in someone else's eyes
6. The comfortable silence between me and my hubbs
7. Laughing til I cry
8. Walking down memory lane...looking at old pictures and talking about fond memories
9. The smell of rain
10. sitting on the porch with a hot cup of coffee watching a lightning storm
11. Hot Baths
12. Seeing the look in a child's eyes while they are experiencing something for the first time.
13. holding the hand of the man I love
14. Knowing you have found your soul mate
15. When a song comes on the radio that triggers a special memory
16. Campfires and family...LOVE our little trips to the mountains
17. Quiet early mornings spent with my hubbs talking about nothing
18. holding your precious child in your arms for the first time..(grandchildren are X2)
19. getting that kiss hello when my hubbs gets home from work each day...even after 28 years of marriage
20. being married to your best friend!!

I think I could go on and on and on...I'm going to try very hard not to take them for granted.


2 comments:

Dianie said...

In the midst of crisis and chaos , it is good to read such a wonderful post and take a deep breath and reflect on everything I have to be thankful for.

Love all your things your thankful for.

~Diane

Linda said...

Thanks Diane...hope the crisis and chaos passes quickly!