Today I want to let my brothers and sisters know how thankful I am to have them in my life.
Coming from a very large family has it's pros and cons. In my opinion the pros far out weigh the cons.
My parents had 9 children, 4 sons and 5 daughters. We are all very different but, at the end of the day we are family and I love them all with all my heart. I am so thankful for each one and the way they enhance my life just by being in it.
7 out of 9 made it to this years Family Reunion
Randy and Jeanette~~you were missed
Larry
The oldest is like the rock. Even though he lives in Texas, we all look to him as the head of the family now that my parents are gone.
Richard
The next in line. He has the biggest heart. He would truly do anything he could possibly do to help you out. I am so glad he has found someone to share his life with and to love like only he can.
Randy
He has had more than his share of struggles yet still seems to stay positive. He has a quick whit and smile. I haven't seen him in a very long time but think of him often and send Love and Light his way.
Mitch
He is the youngest son. He beat the odds after battling leukemia then enduring a Stem Cell Transplant 2 years ago. He is here and healthy and I am more grateful for that than I could ever express!! He is our family clown, He can make you laugh without even trying and is always the life of the party!!
Jeanette
My oldest sister. Sadly she lost her battle with leukemia and passed away at the young age of 38. I miss her so much and wish she was here to see all that her kids have accomplished. She had 10 beautiful children and was a wonderful mom. I think about her a lot and when I am around her kids I see a glimpse of her in each one. They all carry a piece of her with them.
Shelly
She is the healer in my opinion. She is always there with a hug and a shoulder when you need it. There is not much she wouldn't do for family. She is also our historian of sorts. She knows how everyone is and where they are in their lives. She has a HUGE heart full of love for everyone in this family!!
Norma
Hmmm.... What do I say about my sister that is just older than me. In school I had a lot of resentment towards her, not because of how she treated me (she was always very nice to me) I hated being asked everywhere I went "OH!! are you Norma's sister?" She was the popular cheerleader and EVERYONE knew her. Now that we are grown we have become much closer and I enjoy our visits a lot! She has a kind spirit and has the caretaker role in my family.
Then there is me.....The black sheep....LOL 'nuff said
Kari
Kari was the typical spoiled rotten brat youngest child. Most of the time when we were growing up I wanted to just smack her.........LOL Now however, I love her to pieces and don't know what I would do without her. I think I'm closest to her. She has a big heart and would go without taking care of her needs to help someone else in need. She is a wonderful mom and the best sister I could ever ask for!!

No comments:
Post a Comment