Wednesday, November 16, 2011

24 Days of Gratitude ~ Day 16

Wow, I can't believe it's already day 16 in this series. The days seem to fly by lately.

I have been trying to put a lot of thought into each of these posts so that when I go back and read post from the past they will truly mean something to me. I know that very few even read my ramblings here, which is fine with me because the main reason I have done this blog is to use it as a journal of sorts.

About a year before my dad passed away, we all started hounding him about writing down his stories so that they would continue on long after he was gone. He wasn't much for that idea so, my sister spent a few visits and did a video of him telling all those wonderful stories and gave each of us a copy...It was the best gift I have ever received.

I have started looking into getting my blog printed into a book for each year so that I have a printed copy of this journal of mine and, maybe one day it will be something special for my kids.

Today I am grateful to have somewhere like Blogger,  where I can put my thoughts down and look back over them at a later time.

When I'm having a bad day, I Love reading back over past entries and having those memories warm my heart!! I almost always feel a bit happier when I do that.

1 comment:

Dianie said...

I have always thought your writings have a lot of thought and meaning to them.
You are a gifted writer. I enjoy reading your blog daily.
It gives me an uplifting feeling :)

I hope you always write wether it be blogger or on a journal.

I hope things went well with your test today.

~Diane