Friday, November 12, 2010

A VERY special Lady

When I was young I never had a lot of friends and that was just fine with me. I have always believed in the concept of QUALITY over QUANTITY. The few friends I had were very precious to me. I remember us always saying we'd be friends FOREVER... LOL... of course as we all got older, got married, started families....I lost touch with most of those forever friends. I still think about them often and cherish the memories. When I run into one of them, it's great to see them and hear how things are for them. Sometimes there is even the token "We need to get together and have lunch" but even with the best intentions the likelihood of that happening is slim.

If we end up with one or two close friends that we remain in regular contact with I feel we are lucky. I was EXTRA lucky! I had one of those close friends become my sister ~ what could be better than that? I am so grateful to have Diane in my day to day life. She is one of the best people I have ever known, loving, kind, funny and warm...she is a phenomenal woman and the best friend anyone could ever ask for. I owe her such an enormous debt of gratitude that I'm sure I will never get paid. If it weren't for her, I would not have met my wonderful husband (her brother) or had my beautiful children or grandsons....WOWZERS!! She has given me EVERYTHING I hold dear....now how do you repay that?

Diane, I want you to know how much you mean to me. You have been there to share my joys, my heartbreak and all the in between.....I thank God for your friendship and for giving you to me as a sister. LOVE YOU!!

NOW ON TO THE FOOD!!

GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Ingredients

• 1/3 stick butter • 1/2 cup diced onions • 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms • 2 cups sliced green beans • 3 cups chicken broth • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup • 1 (2.8-ounce) can French-fried onion rings • Pinch House Seasoning, recipe follows • 1 cup grated Cheddar Directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain. Add the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, and House Seasoning, to taste, to the onion mixture. Stir well. Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted. House Seasoning: 1 cup salt 1/4 cup black pepper 1/4 cup garlic powder Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months

1 comment:

Dianie said...

Oh Linda,reading this post made me cry like a baby,sniff,sniff..
You have always been there for me through thick and thin..
Sometimes, while I am working on my art, I remember back many,many years ago when we became friends. I knew then that I had a special friend, I smile and sometimes giggle out loud thinking over the memories, and look at us now!Two middle aged craftin' granny's, who still share a special friendship. I am so thankful that I met you, and that you married my brother and had those three beautiful girls and those two sweet little grandbabies.
I love you too Linda lou :)
I cant wait to get together tomorrow, been looking forward to our Saturday all week!!!

Hugs,
~Dianie