Sunday, November 14, 2010

my sweet mother in law Carolyn

Some people cringe at the thought of spending time with their mother~in~law...LOL...not me, I LOVE IT!! Diane and I have a weekly coffee and craft day and Carolyn comes as often as she can. We spend the entire morning crafting, talking and laughing so hard we cry. Sometimes we take off and spend the day shopping. It doesn't matter what we do we always have a great time!! I look forward to it every week and always leave feeling relaxed and ready for another week of work.

I want to tell my Mom~in~law how important she is to me. She is one classy lady with a great sense of humor. She keeps busy playing cards, volunteering at the hospital and acting...She is going to be in another play at our local theater soon. When she's not busy with all of that, she spends time with family and friends. I so enjoy spending time with her. I feel blessed to have her in my life. I hope she knows how much I love and appreciate her.

OK, Here is a cheese ball recipe that is soooooooo YUMMY you have to try it!!

Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball

Ingredients

6 slices bacon 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 (1 ounce) package buttermilk Ranch dressing mix 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 4 green onions, chopped 3 tablespoons chopped black olives

1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)

Directions

1.Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning

occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop the cooled bacon into small pieces. 2.Stir together the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until smooth. Add the bacon, Cheddar cheese, green onions, and olives; stir until well combined. Shape the mixture into a ball and roll in the chopped pecans. Refrigerate overnight

No comments: