I was thinking about what to post this morning while checking out a few of the blogs I follow. I saw my sister's. All it said was "I GIVE UP"...I thought about that statement and about how many times in a persons life they say those words, whether to themselves or out loud. I'm thinking probably thousands..I don't think we always actually give up on...well whatever the crisis is at the time or the dream we are striving to achieve.
Sometimes I think it is OK to give up other times we just need a gentle push from someone else to get us moving in the right direction again. Life in general can be frustrating at times and sometimes seem almost hopeless but if you just keep moving the crisis passes and we can move on. I believe when you are having one of those "GIVE UP" moments you should try this. I have tried it and it almost always gets me through that moment.
Stop....take a deep breath...think about the situation...ask yourself how bad you want or need whatever you have been working for...ask if the end result will be worth the effort...once you have done this, I believe you will know whether or not you should push on and reach the end of that road. Sometimes I really do think it's best to to give up and move on to something else or modify your plan but sometimes you just need that little push.
If it is something you really want make your motto
If you are having one of THOSE moments, consider this your gentle push....Get moving towards that dream I know you can do it!!!
This all brings me to what I am thankful for today....I am so very thankful that I have had people in my life that have given me that gentle push when I needed it and helped me "get over it" when it was best to give up.
To my sweet sister...I am sending lots and lots of LOVE & LIGHT your way today. I love your guts and am very proud of you!! KEEP MOVING FORWARD!! I know if will be worth it!! Maybe you just need to step back and breath for a bit then hit it hard again!!!
I hope you all have a terrific Monday and an incredible week!!
Here is one of those
COMFORT FOODS!!
YUMMO!
Sweet Potato Pie
Ingredients
1 (1 pound) sweet potato
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Directions
1.Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
2.Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
3.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.


No comments:
Post a Comment