Today I want to express how thankful I am to have acquired a son. Brenden is my step son and I am so glad that I have him in my life. I haven't always had that pleasure even though I have been married to his dad since he was 3 years old we didn't get to be part of his life for many years.
We tried to see him for a very long time but it just didn't happen. We always knew where he was but didn't get to share his childhood with him. We had pretty much given up on the idea of our girls knowing their brother and us knowing our son when everything changed!
One evening we were sitting at home and the phone rang. IT WAS BRENDEN!
He asked if he could stop by and talk to us. We of course said YES and eagerly awaited his arrival. I was very nervous, He was 5 years old the last time we had seen him. It had been 20 years. We all talked for a long time and have never looked back. It has been wonderful to have him in our lives the past 5 years. Getting to know him, seeing how much of his dad he has in him. I LOVE having a son and I am so thankful he is part of our family now. He's a sweet man with a great sense of humor just like his dad! What a wonderful day it was when he walked back into our lives and our family!Here is one of the best cooke recopes EVER!!
Soft Molasses Cookies
Ingredients:
• 3/4 cup shortening
• 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 cup molasses
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• granulated sugar for rolling cookies
Preparation: In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and molassus until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and spices. Stir into the creamed mixture until blended. Chill for 1 hour, or until firm. Heat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Shape the dough into small balls about 3/4 inch in diameter; roll in the granulated sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1 to 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until set. Cool in pan on a rack for 2 minutes; remove to a rack to cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment