Today I want to let my three fabulous daughters know how thankful I am to have them in my life. I look at them now all grown up and living their own lives and am proud of the kind of women they have grown to be. It hasn't always been easy and we have butted heads many times but at the end of the day there is and always has been Love. They are all beautiful, smart and funny and I love them more than I could ever put into words. I talk to them all most every day and very rarely do we not say "I Love you" before saying good-bye. Still, there are times when I wonder if they really know how important they are to me and just how deep my love for them is. I question myself often...did I raise them right? ...were they loved enough?...taught enough about living life? so many questions I ponder as the mother to my three amazing daughters.

Aubrey has been a mommies girl since the day she was born. Imagine my
surprise when she moved 3000 miles away and proved that she could still be a mommies girl long distance. She calls me more than the other two put together. I LOVE THAT!! I still get to feel the bond with her and my sweet Dylan and hear about their daily
dilemmas and joys. She truly calls a minimum of 10 times a day....
LOL I am so proud of her. She is a wonderful mommy and one of the best daughters a mother could ask for.
Kelly has always been my free spirited girl. She has a mind of her own and pushed the limits over and over and over again. I think I have probably butted heads with her more than the other two and I know there are times when she is sure I don't love her as much as I love her sisters. That couldn't be further from the truth, I Love that girl so very much and I hope one day she realizes that if I didn't love her I wouldn't butt heads with her so much trying to keep her reigned in a bit and keep her somewhat grounded. I admire the way she cares for others. She is without a doubt one of those people that would give the shirt off her back to help someone in need. She is incredible with her two nephews. They adore her and she adores them right back. She has overcome so much and is moving forward in such a positive way, I can't express how proud I am of her.
Carson....hmmm what can I say about my baby girl? She is a very independent and strong person. She has her dad's quick whit and her mama's tender heart. Sometimes she comes across a little on the critical side but she loves without limits and is a great mommy. Even though she teases her poor mom to no end I have no doubt of her love and I hope she has no doubt of the love I have for her.
NOW Here's a recipe for a warm drink that sounds like a great warmer upper on a chilly fall day
HOT BUTTERED SPICED CIDER
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen for Food Network Magazine
Ingredients
• 1/2 gallon (8 cups) apple cider
• 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus 1 strip zest
• 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, plus 1 strip zest
• 3 cinnamon sticks
• 4 whole cloves
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
• Bourbon, rye or whiskey (optional)
• Cinnamon candy sticks, for garnish (optional)
Directions
Combine the cider, citrus juices and zest, cinnamon sticks and cloves in a large pot. Simmer over medium heat, about 20 minutes; do not boil.
Ladle the cider into mugs, leaving the zest and spices in the pot, and add about 1/2 teaspoon butter to each mug. Spike the adults' drinks with a shot of bourbon and garnish with cinnamon candy sticks, if desire
No comments:
Post a Comment