Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Mom

My mom was the heart and soul of my family. She lived for her children and grandchildren. I so wish my girls would have got to know her and love her. She passed away way too young. My oldest daughter was not quite 2 on that life changing evening. My mom loved her more in that short time than many kids are loved in a lifetime. It's so sad to me that Aubrey doesn't remember her. I miss her so much that sometimes my heart still aches for just one more hug. She's been gone so long yet I remember that day like it was yesterday still.
One of my favorite memories is of her taking me and all my friends toilet papering. We all loaded in the back of our pick up and off we went. She was so much fun and always quick to volunteer to drive me and my friends. She would even take us dragging main....LOVED HER THEN AND LOVE HER AND MISS HER NOW!!
I was so lucky to have her as my MOM!!
OK... recipe time
Oyster Dressing for Turkey

Ingredients: • 1 cup butter or margarine • 1 cup minced onion • 1 pint small oysters, drained and chopped • 1 tablespoon crumbled poultry seasoning • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/2 teaspoon pepper • 1/4 cup chopped parsley • 3/4 cup finely chopped celery with leaves • 10 to 12 cups soft-stale bread crumbs • 2 eggs, beaten Preparation: Melt butter in skillet; add onion and celery; cook for 5 minutes; add oysters, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and parsley and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and beaten eggs. Makes about 10 cups as stuffing for turkey.

1 comment:

Dianie said...

Linda,
every memory I have of your mom, is a warm and loving one. From the day I met her, she had her arms open wide and made me and little Tony feel as we were truly part of your family. I remember at Christmas time, how she sat in that chair in the family room and all the little grandchildren( and there were many) gathered round anxiously awaiting her stories.
Your mom radiated love and warmth.
You remind me so much of your mom.
You radiate that same love and warmth.

Love you to pieces,
~Diane