Does your sweetheart do little things for you that mean so much?
Mine does!
Each and every morning he gets up, pulls all my daily meds out and fixes me the BEST cup of coffee I have ever had, then he comes and wakes me. There is no better way to wake up in my mind.
He does so many things for me that show just what a wonderful caring person he is. He tries really hard to hide it from the world but, those that know him well know just what kind of person he really is.
Many years ago when my girls were young, I worked as a waitress. It was probably one of the hardest and unappreciated jobs I have ever had. I worked my butt off and came home with achy feet and tired as all get out! One night after working an extremely busy shift I couldn't wait to get home and relax.
I walked into the quiet house, he had the girls asleep and he was waiting for me. He stood up when I came in, took my hand and led me towards the bathroom.
When he opened the bathroom door I was totally shocked! How did he know that tonight of all nights I needed a little pampering? There was a hot bubble bath waiting for me. The room was full of candles and there was a bouquet of flowers on the sink.
He never said a word, he just helped me out of my clothes and held my hand as I stepped into the bath. He then simply turned, walked out and closed the door. He returned a minute or two later with a steaming cup of coffee, then turned and left again. Leaving me to relax and unwind in the beautiful setting he created just for me.
It was the sweetest thing EVER!!
I will never forget being treated like a queen that night.
Do something special for your special someone...soon!!
It could be a memory that will be cherished for a lifetime!!
1 comment:
what a sweetie ;)
I must admit, it's been awhile since we both have done nice things for each other.
It's been easy to get caught up in all the drama of our kids and forget about us... i better change that ;)
diane
Post a Comment