Thursday, February 2, 2012

For the LOVE ~ DAY 2

Do you believe in 'Love at first sight'?

Some people will swear it has happened to them, others may write it off as delusional thinking and the stuff of fairy tales

I don't know if LOVE at first sight really happens but, I think that the initial attraction can sometimes be so strong that Love can happen very quickly.

When I met my husband, I was 18 years old and I was graduating from high school the following week. His sister was one of my best friends and he just happened to be at her apartment one night when I stopped by. I remember thinking he was really cute and had that "bad boy" allure. I didn't really give it another thought after I left that night.

Once I graduated his sister, myself and another friend moved into an apartment together. Barney started coming over a lot but I looked at him as Diane's brother, nothing more....in the beginning anyway. It didn't take long to start looking at him differently. We started talking and getting to know each other. He made me laugh a lot and he had a way of making me feel like I was really something special. I fell hard and fast for this "bad boy" with an incredibly big heart.

Our first meeting happened the end of May and we were married August 12th less than 3 months later. There were a lot of people that thought we were crazy to move so fast but all I knew was that I didn't want to waste one minute. This was the man I wanted to be by my side for the rest of my life!

That was almost 29 years ago and I can honestly say that I still feel that way today. We have been through so much together, great moments and not so great moments. We have endured many struggles but through them all we have grown closer and more committed to each other than I ever thought possible. Our marriage and our devotion to each other is truly amazing!

If I had to pick one thing to be the most essential part of a lasting relationship I would have to pick friendship. We are best friends and that is the foundation of our unbreakable bond!

Have you told the people that are important to you how much you care about them lately? If not, what are you waiting for? Tell them, tell them NOW!!



1 comment:

Dianie said...

Yes, I do believe in love at first sight!

This was a beautiful post :)

I love you Linda Sue Lou :)

~Diane