Wednesday, February 8, 2012

For the LOVE ~ DAY 8

Today I thought I would talk about the love between sisters.
The love between sisters is a very special thing. It's a love that is unbreakable and stretches beyond any distance or time.

This post is written to celebrate my sisters
~Jeanette, Shelly, Norma, Kari and Diane~

When I was younger if asked how I felt about my sisters, I think I would have probably responded with something like this: sisters can be bratty, clingy, nosey, and sometimes just plain annoying, they also look up to you, imitate you, tease you, support you, help you, and console you. For all the things they are, the thing you can count on is that no matter how bad things seem they will always love you. The bond between sisters is one of those rare anomalies that you can never understand unless you have a sister of your own.

Now as an adult, I see things a bit differently. Fabulous, stunning, intelligent, warm, caring, devoted, successful, open, graceful, patient, kind, funny, multi-talented, nurturing, truthful, giving, and loving. These are just a few of the words that come to mind now when I think of the beautiful accomplished women that I know as my sisters .

You have shaped my life, served as my role-models, inspired me, encouraged me, stuck by me, loved me, and have helped to make me the woman I am today. You are all special, unique, precious and priceless. The relationship that I have with each one of you is one that I treasure. Having sisters was God’s way of giving me some of the greatest friends I could ever ask for, for life. When you’re kids and you're trying to find your way in the world, you don’t realize that the little brat you tried so hard to avoid, grows to be someone you love and cherish deep within your soul.

From childhood to womanhood you have been the constant that has never failed me. Because if I know anything it’s that you’re always on my side. This is how strong our love is. You are my sisters but you are also my greatest friends.

Thank you my beautiful sisters for all that you are and all that you do for me just by being YOU!!

Sending you all my love,

Linda


3 comments:

Dianie said...

Linda,
When I was a little girl, I begged my mom for a sister. Funny thing, it was my brother who gave me my sister. You are the most amazing sister & friend I could have ever asked for.
Thank you for being my sister :)

Have a wonderful day :)

Hugs,
~Diane

Linda said...

Diane,
I Love that we are sisters!! You are truly an amazing woman! The day I married your brother our sister bond (that I felt we already shared) became unbreakable!

Love yer guts!
Linda

Kari Eyre Stanley said...

My Sweet Sister!

Yes, when we were younger you were not the nicest to me. But, as we grew older, you have become more than a sister; you are one of my best friends. I know I can count on you for anything and everything, good or bad. And I am happy to know that you can count on me for the same! I love spending time with you, just talking, laughing, crying at times. You are an inspiration to me in many ways! I love you! Thank you for everything you have done for me!!

Your Only Baby Sister!!
Kari