Friday, February 10, 2012

For the LOVE ~ DAY 10

I read an article the other day written by Elizabeth Hill, a ksl.com contributor that talked about "Ugly Love" I saw the title and thought to myself "What the heck? what is "Ugly Love"?  Of course I had to read the article to find out who or what they were talking about.

As I read through it, it touched my heart, it was talking about a side of love that most people don't discuss.

I want to share a small excerpt from the article that explains just what Ugly Love is 
~~~~~~~~~
"One of my most memorable conifer-inspired love moments when I thought my love for my husband could know no bounds was not something you’d see on a Kay Jeweler’s commercial. It was not "pretty love" — it was "ugly love."
Intermittently through the years, he’s given me flowers, made breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day, helped the children make cards and presents, and even let me sleep in a fair number of days. But nothing compared to last October when I called him at work and weakly mumbled into the receiver that I was really, really sick and needed him to come home.
And he did.
He left, walked in the door to see a scene from Primetime in the rural Appalachians: disheveled half-naked children, squalid conditions and the only adult in the house passed out on the couch. He walked over to me and asked if I was OK; I responded by handing him a bowl of puke and rolling over. He took care of the bowl, helped me crawl up the stairs, tucked me in and let me be.
When I came to, I just reveled in the love and concern he showed me.

And the ugliness of it all made it amazing."
~~~~~~~~~


As I thought about it, it occurred to me that "ugly love" is without a doubt the most sincere show of true love that you could EVER receive. I have been the recipient of "ugly love" many times in my marriage and I would have to agree that it is amazing!

When the love of your life is sick, are you willing to do whatever dirty or disgusting task they may need? I can honestly say....YES I would! Now I have a very weak stomach so I may not get it done without making my own mess to take care of, but I would still do it!

Thank you Barney for showing me ugly love throughout our marriage.
I Love you!

Just a little something to ponder as you go through your day.

Wishing you all a wonderful life full of  Ugly Love!!

God Bless!



1 comment:

Dianie said...

LOL.. I love this article.. made me chuckle..

Yes, I'm proud to say I know Ugly Love :)

~Diane