I don't know if I'm just a strange duck or if I am the only one who does this but sometimes when I'm sitting here in my quiet little house my mind starts to wander a bit.
Silly little memories pop into my head randomly. Sometimes I catch myself crying and sometimes I find myself giggling, sometimes I find myself laughing so hard I am in tears.
Tonight, Barney was in watching TV after dinner and dozed off.....I thought I would get on the 'puter for a bit. I was sitting here playing bejeweled and by golly if I didn't get one of those random memories popping in my head. I was laughing so hard I was crying....Once I realized what I was doing I quickly looked in to make sure I hadn't woke my sleeping prince. I just thought I would share my silly memory with you... I'm sure it's one of those stories that is funnier if you were there but I'm telling you anyway.
When I was a little girl, probably 4 or 5, my grandparents came up to visit shortly after Christmas. I had got a Hoppity Horse and absolutely LOVED it. Now if you don't know what that is it was a great big ball with a horses head and handles, you sat on it and bounced around... ANYWAY My grandma was kind of a quirky little ole' Lady who I adored. She saw how excited I was to show her my favorite present and what does she do? She asks if she can have a turn.....She hopped up and down our driveway for what seemed like a VERY long time. Cars were driving by and would honk and wave at her....She just smiled her best smile and waved back. I can still see her hopping around on that horse in her best Sunday dress.
GOTTA LOVE A GRAMMA!!
They will do just about anything to make a grandchild smile and laugh!
2 comments:
Lol....Linda, that is so funny. You tell the story so well I can visualize her hopping down the driveway.
I get random memories too..sometimes it is when I'm at work and I'll bust up into that sinister laugh. I sure do get looks.
Thanks for liking my creations.
~Diane
Ah...GREAT memories!!
Write em all down when they pop in. Wish I could remember past last week!
Post a Comment