Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another one of those wierd random memories

I was sitting here at work and having my little panic attack, worried about my drive home when by golly one of those random memories that I get popped into my head. I now realize that this panic over the snowy roads stems from WAYYYYY back when I was a little girl.
My family had driven from Brigham to Bountiful to visit my brother and his family. It was a snowy winters day. We were there until after it had got dark. I remember sitting in the backseat and looking out at the road....I was a little scared. Then suddenly we started sliding sideways. My heart was pounding and I was trying to brace myself for my unavoidable death. I became hysterical and climbed down onto the floor of the car and began screaming at my dad
"I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!!"
We kept sliding on the icy road until our bumper caught on the guardrail. It peeled our bumper almost off. All my dad could do was laugh once we stopped and he knew everyone was okay. He tried to console me. I was having none of that, I was still shaking and scared to death! He tied the bumper up and off we went home.
SHEESH!! no wonder I am afraid! I think it totally scarred me for life.

2 comments:

Dianie said...

Lol...all I can say is...POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SYNDROME!

Love your Valentine Blog look :)

~Diane

Linda said...

LOL...I know huh!!