Friday, May 4, 2012

Celebration of Motherhood ~ Day 4


Dear Mom,


I never realized until I had my own children how difficult or rewarding being a mother could be. Now I wish I would have helped you more with the chores around our house. Listened to your wise advice and been a better daughter than I was.

You always put us kids first and I know you went without a lot. You took care of me when I was sick, even when you were sick, too. You went nights without sleep from worrying. You made sure that every morning I was up and off to school. There are so many more things that I could list, but I would never be able to list them all.

What a sacrifice you made for all of us. Thank you, Mom, so much, for every second of the day that you cared and guided me to be who I am today. Now I am a mother, and I now know exactly how you felt. I understand the exhaustion, the worries, sacrifices and I understand something else that I never did before, the love that a mother has for her children is the most powerful, protective, caring, emotional, sacrificing love that will ever exist on this earth.

You have been gone for almost 25 years yet there has not been a single day that I don't think of you, miss you terribly, and love you deeply. When I look at my girls I get a little sad that they didn't get to know you, feel the warmth of your hugs and the love that poured from your heart so freely. I know you are still close by and I believe that one day they will know for themselves just what a great woman their grandmother was.

I have to say it again, Mom. Thank you with all my heart.  I love you so very, very much and I am so very proud that you are my mother.

All my Love,
Linda




No comments: