Once you take that sweet baby home you will learn how being a mother will completely change every aspect of your life. I soon discovered that there was no longer any Me time. I now had someone depending on me for their every need, I also discovered I didn't care. I wanted to spend every moment of every day with my daughter. It took me so long to have her I didn't want to miss anything. Here are a few more ways becoming a mother has changed my life.
I learned that you MUST have patience, Once you have a child you will discover how important it is to grasp the concept of being patient. Before becoming a mother you could jump up and run out the door anytime you felt like it. That isn't the case with children. Patience is something you will need everyday after becoming a mother.
There is no "Perfect Family", that is just not real life. Families have disagreements, Kids misbehave, I always said I would have a child who listened to what I said, one that didn't get into everything, break things, they would know better. I Knew all about Time-Outs and how great they would work. Boy was I wrong. Once I became a mother I realized you can not predict the future. Each child is different and Time-Outs do not work for all situations. Kids will act up and embarrass you while you are out at the store. They will start screaming because you tell them No. Then when you try to correct them everyone around will stare at you like you are abusing the child. We have all heard "wait until I get you home " from our parents. I swore I would never use that..... Again I was wrong.
Never take things for granted, always value the wonderful experiences becoming a mother has given you. They can be taken away in a matter of seconds. No one can ever predict how long we will have to spend with the ones we love, and becoming a mother has made me more aware of this fact. I couldn't even imagine not having my daughters in my life. Each night tell the people you love how much they mean to you and kiss and hug your children. While there will be days when you feel like you are going to explode from frustration, remember tomorrow is another day. Just enjoy the time you have to spend with your children, and the time spent being a mother.
My mom always told me that it wouldn't be the things you could buy for your kids that will be remembered. These are not the things that make you a good mother. The time you spend with your child playing, talking, reading is what will matter most to them. They will not care how many hours you spent at work, or how big of a house you live in. All they will care about is that you loved them.
Hold your little ones a little closer today...Love them...imperfections and all

No comments:
Post a Comment