It was so great to get away and ....relax? Not much relaxation happened on this trip. We went non-stop from the time we arrived Friday afternoon.
On our way down, we stopped for a drink and guess what they had at this truck stop....
A petting zoo
We had to pull over and snapped a few pictures
When we pulled into Vegas at about 3:00 we were so excited to go do a little sight seeing. When we climbed out of the car it felt like our skin was blistering immediately!
115 degrees? UGHHH
but It didn't stop us, it just slowed us down a bit.
We got settled in our beautiful room then headed on down for a little slot machine action and dinner.
Being the researcher that I am I had pulled up a few places that sounded fun. After dinner I pulled out my research papers and we decided on a destination. We headed out to drive down the strip..well...just because... and then drove to Freemont Street (which was on my list) It's down town in the older part of Vegas. I was getting a little worried about where we were going as we left all the bright lights and the streets were a bit darker and seemed a little creepy. Then in the middle of all of that we saw lights...as we got closer we saw all the people...The Freemont Street Experience was one of the funnest parts of the trip! We left our camera in the room and our phones both needed charging. I got this one picture before my phone totally died. To bad, This was soooo cool!! Street Performers, Bands, Casinos, all kinds of vendors. It was a riot!! If you go to Vegas, I would highly recommend going to
Freemont Street!! It all out doors but this canopy light show cover it....It's a few blocks full of fun!!
Saturday morning we headed on over to Hoover Dam
INCREDIBLE!!
We went down to the Luxor for dinner and played a few slot machines then went back down to Freemont Street for awhile.
Sunday we went to visit one of Barney's oldest friends. We had a great time catching up. Barney has know him since kindergarten (I think) maybe even earlier.
When we got back to the room we had a late lunch delivered to the room and relaxed for a bit then we were off to go to The Bodies Exhibit and The Titanic Exhibit at the Luxor.
All I can say about both is WOW!!!
I wish I could have taken a few pictures but it's not allowed.
After the Exhibits, we headed across the street to M&M World!!
Very cool place!!
We spent the rest of the evening just roaming around the strip.
Totally AWESOME and incredibly hectic extended weekend
I am so glad we were able to get away
We needed it terribly









2 comments:
Fun! Glad you had a good time :)
Looks like a fantastic time!
I think the exhibits would be so cool to see.
I haven't been on Freemont street in over 20 years. It used to be the best place to get a shrimp cocktail at a great price :)
Glad you could get away on a fun trip!
~Diane
Post a Comment