My inner domestic goddess appeared last night and continued into this morning.
In the late night hours I peeled and chopped up all my veggies and got them soaking.
got up early and got it cooking...
YUMMY!! I can't wait to taste this childhood memory favorite!!
and.....TA DA!!
all done!!
Here is the recipe in case anyone is interested.
Grandma's Mustard Pickles
4 quarts cucumbers
4 quarts pearl onions
6 quarts cauliflower
cover with salt water (1 cup salt per gallon of water)
soak over night. Drain and rinse.
In big pot (I use my roaster) Put
1 1/2 quarts distilled vinegar
2 quarts sugar
stir until sugar is dissolved.
Add veggies and cook until
tender.
add
2 jars pimentos
in separate bowl mix to make a paste
1 tbsp. tumeric
24 oz. jar of prepared mustard
3/4 cup flour
add to veggies mixture and simmer 30 minutes
Put into jars and seal.
No comments:
Post a Comment