Well we got out of town at about 4:00 am Wednesday. We drove and drove and drove.
We noticed that a tail light was not working on the car dolly sooooo I tried to pull in to a U-Haul place in Colorado Now of course Barney had already told me that we could NOT back up so to be very careful not to get in a spot where we wouldn't be able to get out. Hmmmmmmm what do I do? I pull right in and of course there is no way to turn around. Barney had to unhook the car, get turned around and then hook everything back up. BOY OH BOY was he not happy with me. When he saw he was going to make me cry, he said "Don't worry, we'll laugh about this some day......Just not today" After messing around with that for quite awhile, we finally got back on the road again.
Before we left I went to mapquest and printed out driving directions. We followed them very well, but we didn't pay attention to the note telling us we would be traveling on a toll road in Colorado. We came upon the toll booth and figured it would be alright, it couldn't possibly cost that much. The lady looked at our set-up and said it would be $7.50 we paid it and took off. Before we knew it, we came up on yet another toll booth. The lady said $7.50, I about choked. I asked how often we were going to have to pay this. She said it was $2.50 per axle every 7 miles. I flipped, she gave us directions so we could get around the toll road and off we went again


No comments:
Post a Comment