Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's a Homemade Christmas

Well, I have been in such a funk this year. Money is very tight, empty house, our annual Christmas party canceled. It has been so very hard to feel that warm and wonderful Christmas spirit in my heart. I have tried to find it and have had a few fleeting wisps of warmth seep in but, nothing like usual.
I decided to keep trying to find the joy of the season. I try smiling every day and started thinking of ways to force the Christmas spirit into my heart...... Ok I know ... this is all so freakin' depressing!! I'm getting to the point I promise.
First, Barney and I took my sweet grandson Jace to see the lights and Santa. That lifted the
JOY METER a few notches. My grandsons both have a way of lifting my spirits just by their smile or a little giggle. When they throw in a hug and kiss....OH MY several notches.
Second, I was on my way home from work the other day and listening to the radio. They were doing a Christmas giveaway to 5 families in need. They were reading the winning letters and calling the winners. I realized that there are a lot of people that are so much worse off than I am. I decided right then and there that my little pity party was OVER!!!
I sat down at the computer and did a search for homemade Christmas gifts. I found a few GREAT ideas and started coming up with a plan for my "HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS" I told my kids that this year they were going to get one small gift. We have always gone SOOOOO overboard on Christmas that it has taken all year to get caught back up. I am NOT doing this anymore. The true meaning of Christmas is not presents but what is in your heart. That being said, I have started pouring my heart and soul into special little gifts for the people I Love. Every gift is a gift from my heart to theirs.
I would post some pictures of a few of my creations but.....well... they are a SURPRISE!! I will post them after they have been given. I have just begun to push my JOY METER up to the top!!!
I just wish I would have started this sooner. One week to make my special Heart to Heart gifts!!! Oh GEEZ~A~LOO I am such a procrastinator!!.... Off to the 'ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS CORNER' to get started.

1 comment:

aub said...

Those are the best kinds of presents mom :)