Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The True Meaning of Christmas

Last night I witnessed a true act of selflessness that boosted my holiday spirits to a whole new level. Barney went to the gas station to put gas in the Jeep so I had enough to get to work. When he pulled up to the pump, he told me he noticed a tent with a bunch of people wearing Santa hats, and as he got out about 8 of these people descended upon him... a lady walked up to him and said "How would you like us to fill your car with gas?"...."That would be AWESOME" he said...and the other 7 people washed the windows and put gas in the car. He thought some organization was doing it....so he asked a man that was video taping it...he said everyone there was part of the King family and that's what they do at Christmas, they give up their Christmas to do this for others. They handed him a piece of paper with a candy cane attached and a quote from Charles Shultz ....saying "Christmas is doing something a little extra for someone else"..I will remember this quote for the rest of my life....THANK YOU TO THE KING FAMILY...WHOEVER YOU ARE AND WHEREVER YOU'RE FROM!!!
These kinds of things show you what the TRUE meaning of Christmas is. I am totally blown away by this show of generosity!

1 comment:

Josh and Kristen said...

That is such a sweet story and a great reminder for all of us. Sometimes we forget the real meaning of Christmas. I hope to see you guys tomorrow.