Thursday, October 11, 2012

When Life Gives you Lemons

Somewhere in the distant past, I recall someone saying to me “Be grateful for small mercies.”


As I grew, I forgot that piece of advice given to me way back then. But, like so many people in the world, troubles have begun crowding in on me.

The recession, has hit me harder than I had hoped. I began feeling like life was beyond me, too big for me to handle and the sinking feeling of dread has begun to weigh heavy on my heart as well as my mind.

I will not let life whoop my ass! I am beginning a gratitude list…. RIGHT NOW!!!

Here are five things I am grateful for today

1. My parents - For giving me life and more love than I could have ever asked for. .


2. My family – For being there for me through the good times as well as the bad.
3. Tears – For helping me express my deepest emotions

4. Disappointment - So I recognize the things that are most important
5. Fears – So I can see where there are opportunities for growth

Thank you God for the many small mercies you have given me today!


I would love to know what you are grateful for today...Please leave me a comment and tell me.

Make it a GREAT day!!


1 comment:

Dianie said...

well goodness.. I can sure empathize with how your feeling as I have felt the same way the last while. Just when I feel I'm going to totally sink, from nowhere I get this bit of strenghth that lifts me a little and keeps me going.
I have to be thankful to the good Lord above for that. For myself, It's so much easier to dwell upon the hard times and troubles that surround us at the time. I've tried very hard to practice my patience, take big deep breaths and think of all the positives that surround me. Gosh, the positives sure out weigh the ugly crud ;)

Smile big my friend and sister :)
hugs,
~Diane
p.s we need coffee hour? are you off tomorrow?