“When you judge another, you do not define them. You define yourself.”
~Wayne Dyer~
I have never really viewed myself as judgmental.
BUT...
I WAS WRONG!
I WAS WRONG!
I see now just how judgemental I am. In my efforts to become a person who lives a life full of gratitude I became shockingly aware of this HUGE fault of mine.
I thought about how I had moments when loved ones came to me in pain or in need of a friend, and instead of being there for them or listening, I would give my opinion, for better or worse—even if it made them feel worse off. Once I looked at my own mistakes and sought advice from others, some of the things I heard really hurt me, and I thought to myself, “Wow, is that how I sound?”
I thought about how I had moments when loved ones came to me in pain or in need of a friend, and instead of being there for them or listening, I would give my opinion, for better or worse—even if it made them feel worse off. Once I looked at my own mistakes and sought advice from others, some of the things I heard really hurt me, and I thought to myself, “Wow, is that how I sound?”
I have decided that from this day forward I want to share love and support with anyone who may need someone to listen and be there for them. I will let go of my preconceived notions and opinions and just listen.
Even though we may care deeply about a friend in a bad situation and all we want to do is tell them how to fix it, sometimes just by listening we are helping them in more ways than we know. We can help a person get better clarity about what they want to do, or what feels right to them. Also, what we may consider to be a mistake might actually turn out to be a blessing in the end.
I believe being judgemental while trying to live a life of gratitude cannot work.
I will choose gratitude today!
Today I am thankful for
- Patience...I have noticed a shortage of this in my house lately. I will strive to be a more patient person.
- Acceptance...There are a few things in my life that I never thought I could accept. I have found that it has been much easier for me than expected.
- Coffee with my best girlfriend... Yesterday morning I didn't work and got to have coffee and a great visit with my best girlfriend on my front porch. Thanks for stopping by Dianie
1 comment:
Linda Sue,
This is such a good topic.
I am so guilty of this and so many times I judge without even realizing it, especially with my kids..
I was SO HAPPY we could have coffee yesterday.
Those coffee mornings with you mean so much to me and I am very grateful :)
hugs,
~Diane
Post a Comment