Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Missing my Mom!

"There are moments in life when you wish you could bring someone down from Heaven. Spend the day with them just one more time, give them one more hug, kiss them goodbye or hear their voice again. One more chance to say I LOVE YOU."
My sister posted this on facebook the other day and it just struck me how often in my life I feel this exact way.


It has been 24 years since my precious mom passed yet it seems like only yesterday. I can still hear her laughter and see her beautiful smile when I close my eyes. I always wonder how my life would have been different had she lived longer. My daughters didn't get the chance to know her...I think that is what makes me the most sad when I think about her.

I'm pretty sure I had one of the BEST moms in the world and I miss her EVERY day. I feel so blessed to have had her for the time I did.

Remember to make sure the people you love and care about KNOW how you feel about them. Cherish every moment you have them in your life. I think everyone has a few minor regrets when they lose someone dear to them but, don't sit back and let those regrets be major. I know my mom knew how much I loved her but I was not always considerate of her feelings. I expected her to be there...well....FOREVER! I always thought I had time....I didn't.

Rest in Peace my sweet mama / guardian angel

1 comment:

Dianie said...

A very beautiful post Linda.

~Diane