Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today I am thankfull for.....

I've been thinking all day about all that I have in my life to be thankful for. I am so thankful for the wonderful parents that I had. I miss them both so very much. I lost my mom in October 4, 1987, she was just 57. I was 22 years old, and a young mother of Aubrey and pregnant with Kelly when my sweet mom was taken very suddenly from us. She was a wonderful person and the best mother and grandmother ever. I wonder sometimes how different my girls might have been if she would have been here to watch them grow and been part of their lives. I think of her every single day and wish I could tell her just one more time how much I love her. I lost my dad in December 2, 2003. He had been sick and suffering with emphysema for a really long time and although I knew it was for the best, it was very hard for me. He was a great dad and grandpa. I had such an overwhelming feeling of being an orphan, I knew it was silly, I was an adult, but I still needed my dad. The summer before he died, my step-mother went to visit her son. My dad was to sick to be alone so Carson went down and spent a few days with him. She didn't want to go but Aubrey and Kelly would go down and spend the day so it wasn't quite so hard. My girls have some great memories of that time that they will treasure forever. Anyway thanks mom and dad for just being you!!

1 comment:

Dianie said...

Linda,
Your parent's were wonderful people. I feel so blessed and honored to have had the opportunity to know them.

Big hugs,
~Diane