These three beauties are my girls, who I love with all my heart and soul. When Barney and I got married, all I ever wanted was to be a wife and mother. It has been challenging at times, and I'm a far cry from being the mother of the year, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey. My payoffs are now beginning to come. I had no idea that being a grandma would bring such immense joy.
First, Carson and Marco welcomed our sweet spirited Jace Gomez into this world on November 27, 2007 by cesarean section after Carson struggled with toxemia. She was so young and it scared me to death to see her having a hard time. Thank God Marco was there for her. I sat back and watched this young man do everything he could to comfort my baby girl. Jace was 3 weeks early and was born with pneumonia. It was caught right away and they were able to treat it. He did have to spend a little extra time in the hospital, but he went home after ten scary days. On Thanksgiving Day he will be one year old. I can't believe how fast the time has flown.
Then just a month and a half later. On January 13, 2008 Aubrey and Nick welcomed our little "Dillybob" Dylan James Russo. I got the honor of being in the room and and seeing this little miracle happen. It was an experience I will never forget. Dylan was the most wide awake alert newborn I have ever seen.
Kelly is the best little auntie. She plays with the babies every day and they love her to pieces. When she walks into the room they immediately start smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment