Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Sister


This week is a tough week. My oldest sister Jeanette would have been 56 years old Monday March 26th and on Saturday March 31st it will be 18 years since she passed. I have so many memories of her and I sure do miss her. She had 10 incredible children that have grown into amazing adults. Today I would like to celebrate her short life with a couple of my memories.

 She was 9 years older than me and she got married young so I only have a few scattered memories as children. I remember dreading it when she was left in charge because she would become the drill Sargent. She would line us all up and give us our orders (chores)


Jeff was truly the love of her life. She loved him with all of her heart.  You could always see it in her eyes when she looked at him. I remember being that little girl and having a HUGE crush on him.
I can remember babysitting for her and Jeff when they went to see "The Exorcist" when they came home, they sat me down and told me the whole story line of the movie. I was soooo scared!! The walk home which was only 2 houses and across the street, was to far...Jeff had to walk me and of course he did his best to scare the hell out of me. I had nightmares for days after that and to this day can't watch movies that are anything like that. I hated when they moved away. I always loved going over to their house and just hanging out.

One of the last memories is after she got sick and we had a family party at Mitch's skating rink. We all had so much fun. I miss seeing my nieces and nephews at the family functions. I would love to see them more and get to really know them now. Face book has been a wonderful thing for me. Getting to read a little of this and a little of that from their posts has made me feel so much closer to them. If I have one regret since we lost Jeanette it is that I wasn't the aunt that I know I should have been to her children. I wasn't there for them when they needed to be surrounded with all the love available. I am so sorry for that. I hope that they can forgive me and know just how much I love them. When I look at their pictures and the pictures of their kids I can see my beautiful sister. She would be so proud of the men and women you have all become. You were her world!

This entire week I celebrate my sister

Sending love to you Jeanette on the wings of the angels!


1 comment:

Dianie said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sister.

~Diane