Thursday, March 22, 2012

If not now.....WHEN?

People who know me, know I can talk the talk when it come to losing weight, getting healthy and getting my life back but, I seem to fail miserably when it comes to walking the walk.


I hope and pray it will be a different story this time. I have tried so many freakin' diets in my adult life that you'd think I could write a book. Each time I have started with a good deal of ambition and the absolute best intentions. I usually do pretty good for a week or two but as time marches on it becomes more and more difficult for me to stick to it. If I'm being honest, I think I have accepted the fact that that thin person inside of me is gone forever. I would like to see her emerge more than anything.  I have over 100 pounds to lose and that number is VERY overwhelming for me. My long term goal is to achieve that in one year. I know I need to set small goals that I can reach quickly or I will give up once again. I plan to set down and seriously set my first (small) goal before I start this new program Saturday. Now, at 47 years old, I am bigger than I have EVER been in my entire life. It's affecting my health and I just have no choice but to struggle through and SUCCEED!!

I'm trying something new this time. I've watched as my sister has melted away for the past year. I wasn't sure if what she was doing would work for me. She has lost A LOT over the year and it hasn't been very difficult for her. She's still on her journey but she looks and feels fabulous!!

I will be starting this weekend. I sooooo need this so I am getting pretty excited about it!

GOOOOOOO ME!!!

I have also decided that in order to hold myself accountable I will be posting a before picture here Saturday morning and with measurements and weight. It will be embarrassing I know but I think I need to put it out there ...for me! I had started a separate blog to track my journey but I changed my mind. I need to push myself and posting my progress here will work better for me ...I think.



Have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

Dianie said...

Linda Sue Lou,

I know you can do it!!!

And I know you will succeed :)

Hugs,
~Diane