Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 2

LOVE DARE ~ DAY 2

Love is Kind

 In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.
I like how this dare builds on the first. It just adds another dimension to our actions toward our spouse

~Something to think about~
“Love makes you kind. And kindness makes you likeable.” 
This is a great quote. We need to be likeable to our spouses. I know that my sweet Hubby loves me, but I want him to like me as well. And being kind is the key to being likeable. Kindness encompasses gentleness, helpfulness, willingness, and initiative. We need to display all four of these attributes toward our spouses.
The authors of this great book stress here that love is not just based on feelings. “Love determines to show thoughtful actions even when there seems to be no reward. You will never learn to love until you learn to demonstrate kindness.”

As children we are taught to be kind to others. Learning this ability at a young age helps us to learn that we cannot be selfish in our actions toward others. The selfish child soon learns that no one wants to play with him because he will not share his toys.

Likewise, if we are selfish in our marriages, we will soon discover that we cannot give and receive love.

2 comments:

Dianie said...

This is wonderful!
Alan and I fell asleep on the couch last night at 7:00 pm. we started our morning early. 2:00 am. I started on my packaging as that I supposed to do yesterday, as I got yet another terrible headache.. anyways, Alan was very hungry this early morning and I told him to fix his own breakfast.. whoops, I'm glad the day isn't over so I can make up for that and do a super kind gesture :)

Linda said...

LOL...Love you Dianie