I love this time of year. It always seems so magical to me. Everywhere you go you see the beautiful lights and such a great variety of decorations.
LOVE IT!!
If I had to pick one decoration for my favorite, it would have to be the tree. I love to sit with a hot cup of coffee and just look at it. Not that I have the most beautiful tree ever but, I love it no matter what and I could sit and stare at my tree for hours.
My mind wanders to Christmas' past and the wonderful beautiful magical Christmas' when I was a little girl then on to when my girls were little and eventually I get to the current Christmas season. Sometimes the anticipation gets me so excited I just sit and smile ... My hubbs probably thinks I'm a bit odd but that's ok, he loves me anyway.
This is a tree from when a was just a little girl...remember the icicles? our tree was always covered in them!! I loved it!! Now...I'm not to big on the icicle look...LOL
My walk down memory lane when I looked at this picture took be back to the ritual of putting up the tree. My dad always did the lights and garland then....once that was finished my mom oversaw all of us as we carefully placed every beautifully colored ball in it's perfect place. when it was time for the icicles some of placed them one by one and made sure they hung just so...some wanted to just throw them and let them land....well...where ever..(I would get SOOO mad when they did that)
Oh my I miss my mom and dad so much. Decorating the tree is a time when I am always full of memories and feel especially close to them.
My walk down memory lane when I looked at this picture took be back to the ritual of putting up the tree. My dad always did the lights and garland then....once that was finished my mom oversaw all of us as we carefully placed every beautifully colored ball in it's perfect place. when it was time for the icicles some of placed them one by one and made sure they hung just so...some wanted to just throw them and let them land....well...where ever..(I would get SOOO mad when they did that)
Oh my I miss my mom and dad so much. Decorating the tree is a time when I am always full of memories and feel especially close to them.
My daughter Aubrey loves to decorate for Christmas. Once she was old enough she insisted we put up the tree Thanksgiving night. She always pulled everything out and decorated our house beautifully. Now she does the same in her own home. I will share her pictures once she sends them to me...BEAUTIFUL about sums it up
I have always had a big and full tree but last year I had to go with a little one.
I still loved it but this year I made room for a bigger tree....I am SOOOOOOO glad I did! I made my own decorations and I think it's BEAUTIFUL! Kelly has never been into the decorating part of Christmas, she loves the decorations but wants someone else to put them up. This year I MADE her help me. I think she did a beautiful job!
I hope you will all share your favorite decoration with me.
I hope you will all share your favorite decoration with me.
Sending everyone Love and Light and wishing you the greatest Holiday season EVER!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment