I don't know if I would have ever thought about doing this had we not had someone do it to us when my girls were just little. I will never forget the excitement in their eyes as they sat on the floor next to the door hoping to catch whoever it was. It really stuck with us as the years passed and almost every year since we have done it for someone in need of some Christmas cheer. No matter what our financial situation was we tried to do something for someone out there feeling down during what should be the best time of the year.
My entire family has LOVED being involved in this and not only are we helping someone else, we are forging a stronger bond as a family.
The warm feeling inside that you get when you can anonymously do something for someone is the most incredible feeling EVER!! This year we had a hard time when we were deciding who needed this the most. I talked to one of my daughters and she had the perfect person. A young man that is all alone and struggling to go to school and take care of himself. I have never met this young man but hearing about his situation my heart filled with love for him.
Last night we wrapped a gift and wrote a little note informing him that he is loved and that he could expect a surprise each day until Christmas. I am sending him all the Love and Light I can possibly send with each gift and I'm hoping that if nothing else this will make him smile as much as it is making my family smile. I hope he gets a warm feeling deep in his heart and knows that he is not alone and that he is loved!!
If you have never done this, I would highly recommend trying it just once. There is no better way to get in the spirit of the holidays then giving to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment