Sunday, March 28, 2010

My~My

Well, many of you know how I have struggled with weight issues for sooo soooo long. I wasn't over weight in high school but, I have gradually added to ME over the past 27 years until I am almost 100 lbs. over weight, I don't ever feel good and get ill if I look into a mirror.
My mom struggled with her weight forever, resorting to gastric bypass and then getting her stomach stapled. I am NOT going to go to those extremes but C'MON! something's gotta give!
I have tried every diet out there with no success and I even tried exorcising with little to no results. My sister told me about this HCG diet that seemed to really work. She said it was a 500 calorie diet! OH MY HELL!! no way could that be for me!! I couldn't help but research it. I found that 500 calories isn't even enough for proper brain function! NO WAY was I going to try this! My brain only functions part of the time as it is!
I did however keep researching it. When I found out how it really works and that there is a reason you can do 500 calories as long as you take your drops. I then talked to my doctor about it and got his approval SOOO, I thought, "hmm...why not try and just see what happens. I can always stop it at any time" I found a place that I could buy the drops and started my journey on February 24, 2010.
The results have been phenomenal! I'm not hungry, the cravings are minimal AND the food is really good. I was so worried about the food thing, it's a very restrictive small list of choices but I found some great recipes and have only had the same thing a few times and that was MY choice because I really liked it.
ANYWAY I know I'm droning on and on but I am very happy with my results so far and really wanted to share.
I have lost 20 lbs and about 20 inches so far. and it's still melting off. I am determined to have this weight off within this year and my goal of 25 lbs in this first round is so close I can taste it!! I know it's not for everyone, but it's working for me and I am excited to see the subtle changes happening. Little things like every pair of jeans I have...even the ones I had to lay on the bed to get done up...I can pull them up and down without undoing them! HUGE for me. I am a long ways from where I want to be but I am running down that road as fast as I can!

1 comment:

Dianie said...

Linda Lou, you are lookin good :)
Congratulations on the twenty pounds and inches !

Love ya,
~Dianie