Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Letter To My Valentine

I am married to one of the most incredible men I know. Although it may seem corny to write a very personal letter and put it out there for all to see, I just couldn't help myself. It is part of a gift I made for him and I felt the need to let the whole world know what kind of man I Love! I will be posting pictures of the gift on my craft blog as soon as he opens it.
My Sweet Valentine,

I love you! I know I tell you every day (sometimes it must seem like every five minutes), but every time I say it I mean the words with all of my heart.

Things haven’t exactly been easy for us. Frustrations have been the name of the game, but just like we’ve made it through before, I know we can keep making it through. Right now in so many ways it feels like our world has fallen apart around us; yet here we are. What surprises me about our life is not that there are struggles; instead I am amazed at the miracle I live every day~~to have found you to struggle alongside me. My perfect match. You amaze me. This phase of our life feels so bittersweet. Ours kids are grown and it’s back to “just us”. I have ALWAYS cherished our time alone but, I sometimes miss the hustle and bustle of kids underfoot. When I look back on the past 26 & ½ years and recall all that we have done, blessings we have received, crisis' we have been through, all we have built and torn down again, it is no wonder why sometimes we both feel like we have been hit by a truck at the end of the day; yet at night when we look at each other and we are tired and there is nothing left to give; I am smiling because you are by my side. You are my past and you are my future. You are my hope and you are my strength. You've given me gifts that I treasure with all my heart and memories which live deep within my soul... One of the most amazing things to me after all these years, is this: when you walk unexpectedly into a room, and I look up and am surprised to see you, in that moment when I realize it’s You, I still get a flutter…and…there is still a slight, very shallow, very sudden intake of breath…”Oh. It's you”.... ~SMILE~ You are my reason for everything You love like no one else I know. You don't offer it easily, but those you love, you love deeply and you reserve that love for a very select few. Those of us who have been lucky enough to be loved by you know your loyalty is intense. You will go to the ends of the earth for someone you love, I am so thankful to be included in those lucky few. You are mine, and I adore you. I think the best thing about you, if I had to pick one would be~~you understand me. Really, and truly, understand me. You've seen my absolute best and, I’m embarrassed to say, my absolute worst, and everything in between. You not only accept who I am you LOVE who I am! I don't know how I got so lucky. I don't know what happened or how it happened or why it happened. Sometimes I look around, at you, at our kids, at us, and I still can't believe this has worked. I can't believe we are this happy...this in sync. There is nothing and no one I love the way I love you.

Happy Valentines Day my Love!

Love,

Me

2 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow!!..how do u respond to that? Isn't she the best?I absolutely adore this woman...damn, it choked me up so bad it took me 3 tries to read it all!! Alls I can say is when it's time to go I hope I go first....I won't make it without her.Thank you very much sweetheart,Happy Valentines Day!!!I love you with all my heart!!
Barney