Thanksgiving is almost here and I just wanted to tell you a few things that I am thankful for this year. I have so many things in my life to be thankful for. It's easy to forget about all our blessings as we trudge our way through life and I just want to put down a few to help me remember. Sometimes I get a little down and feel a little lonely now that all my kids have moved out and begun their own life journeys. I have been doing a lot of whining lately and of course Barney hugs me and pats me on the head as he rolls his eyes. I am starting to pull myself out of the funk and am making a conscious effort to have a more positive attitude. 

- My sweet husband who has put up with me for over 26 years now. I don't know what I would do without him. I tell him I love him a lot but I don't think I tell him just how much I appreciate him nearly enough. He is my best friend, love of my life, and the only one I could ever imagine growing old with. I love you Barney! Thanks for all you do for me.
- My children...I love them so much and even though I may not say it often, I am so very proud to be their mom. They are my greatest accomplishment!
- My extended family... sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews and so on... I truly have a wonderful family that I am so thankful to be close to. Coming from such a large family, I am surprised at how close we all are. Even when we go for quite awhile without talking I think of them often and love spending time with them.
- My health
- My parents...I'm so thankful that I had such wonderful parents that taught me so many things about life. I miss them so much and think about them every day. I feel truly blessed to have had them in my life.
- I am thankful for all of the struggles I have been through in my life. Those that know me well know what most of those struggles have been. There were times I wasn't sure I would survive but I have and those struggles have helped make me who I am. I believe I have much more compassion for others than I would have had if I had not gone through these personal struggles. My mom always said God would NOT give me more than I could handle. Some days I wasn't to sure about that but I should have known better, my mom was a very smart woman and somehow I made it through each one so far. I hope I can continue plugging away through any more that may come up in the future.
- I am thankful that I have a job when there are so many that don't.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment