Monday, November 16, 2009

BAH HUMBUG!!

I am trying to come up with something that will pull me out of this BAH HUMBUG sort of mood I am feeling this Holiday season. Barney and I have entered into a new phase of our lives. Most of the time I am super fine with that but.....here comes my usually favorite time of the year and I seem to be a little lost. It will be the first year in about 20 years that we are not having our annual Christmas Eve open house. Carson was over yesterday and asked what we were going to do on Christmas Eve.... Well hell!! I have no freakin' idea! I have always cooked on Thanksgiving. I have no desire to do it this year. Kelly will be home (thank goodness) but none of the other kids will be. I've been trying to think of something I can do to make this year a fun and exciting new beginning.....ANY IDEAS? I have been searching for some kind of crafts I can do (EASY ones, as I am not a very crafty person)

4 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Can't help ya. I am trying to figure out what to do too. I guess new traditions are harder to come up with. But.....I am sure you will think of sumpin. When ya do....let me know. I need some ideas too.

Dianie said...

Linda,
There are many reasons why I love to visit your blog. One of the biggest reason is that you always have a happy face on and it is hard to see through that big smile what you are really feeling.Through your beautiful writing, you share your true feelings. I don't want you to be sad. I feel so bad, and even worse that I didnt pick up on how you were feeling.
I remember the first couple of years all the kids were gone and I just found myself in a stuper with tears rolling down, remembering the years and holidays together. All I can say to maybe help you feel better is that every year does get easier as new traditions are built.
I think it would be fun to get the little ones and our girls together and decorate sugar cookies. And if we want to go easy... we can get the cookies from Kent's. They do all kinds of cute Christmas cookie cut-outs.
If there isn't going to be a Christmas eve party, Maybe we could have dinner and go to the movie? Is that a dumb idea?

I love you Linda :)

~Diane

Anonymous said...

Aunt Linda, I think my mom's idea is perfect and will be fun for the cookies.. Now, if you all decide to do something on Christmas Eve, I hate to inform you I cannot attend..
I love you, Mandi

Linda said...

Thanks Dianie!you always seem to know just what to say to lift peoples spirits. I love that about you...Cookies would be fun to do. I think the little ones would love that.