I will be attending my great Aunt's funeral this weekend. When I received the call that she had passed I found myself reminiscing and remembering memories of HUGE family reunions as a young girl, I can just imagine the reunion going on in heaven today!
Does your family still have reunions? I always LOVED them...It has been years and years for our family. My siblings and I try to have a family get together once or twice every year but, it's usually just our immediate family...Maybe we need to try and expand that.
Aunt Utahna was my maternal grandmother's sister but was only 2 years older than my mom. My mom was very close to her.
My aunt was the last of 11 siblings and with her death a generation ended.
Looking at this picture, I can see my grandma...but...I can also see my mom. It brings a small tear to my eye.
Utahna Colleen Hardy Heap
12/17/1928 - 6/17/2012
Rest in Peace Auntie
and give my mom and dad a big hug for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment