Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inspiration

A few weeks before Christmas I was trying to come up with something for my great~niece's first birthday. A girl I work with stopped by my office and was selling hats that she had made. She's a single mom and was trying to make some extra Christmas money. She pulled out some of the cutest hats I had EVER seen so I snatched one up (while thinking "Hey I think I could do that") My youngest daughter had decided she wanted to learn to knit and told me she learned by watching tutorials on you tube...OMH I had to check out this You Tube right away!!! I went with crocheting because it looked easier but I do plan on trying the knitting thing soon. I tried my hand at a scarf first and it turned out pretty cute...I am now spening a great deal of time crocheting and watching tutorials on you tube...I have made a few items that were flops and had to be taken apart but, I have made a few things that I think have turned out to be pretty stinkin' cute. I have even come up with a few ideas all on my own.....WOWZER!That is TRULY amazing for me! There are a few pictures on my crafty blog  and I will be posting some more tonight. I hope you will all join me on my new creative path along with my many other creative interests and maybe even help me along with some new exciting ideas!! lindascreativeniche.blogspot.com 

No comments: