Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WoRk~wOrK~WoRK!

I swear that is all I do. Things have been pretty slow at my regular job so I have only been working 3 days a week (not enough for this poor old woman). I kept hoping it would pick up and I would see more hours but it's been a year of 3 days (unless someone is sick or something...and I wouldn't wanna go around wishing for someone to get sick). Anyway, I decided I needed to start looking for a part time job to help my situation a bit. I saw that a local meat packing plant was hiring someone to be their market clerk. one or 2 days a week.....PERFECT...or so I thought. At my interview they told me that they didn't think anyone would be interested in a 1 or 2 day a week job (I would have been) so they combined it with another part time position on the weekends. they said it would just be 4 or 5 hours Saturday and Sunday straightening up the break rooms in the 3 buildings the plant has. Well, I thought "I can do that!...no problem" HAHAHAHAHA I went through their 20 hours of orientation which was very informative. I started Saturday....OH MY....Not even close to what I was expecting! I was trained by the housekeeping warden from hell! She checked everything before I cleaned it and even used her camera on her phone to take pictures of underneath the toilet! EWWW... She had me scrub the break rooms...the bathrooms...the hallways...the offices in 3 huge buildings. I worked non stop for 9 hours with her cracking her little whip....went home in tears...and begged Barney not to make me go back the next day. After thinking about it I decided to at least give it another chance. Sunday I was trained by a different girl and it wasn't near as bad. I'm going to give it a month and see if I can deal with it I may have to find something different. The market clerk job should be fun. I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments: