Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Diane!!

Diane is my best friend that became my sister many many years ago and one of the best people I have ever known. It's her Birthday and I just want her to know I am thinking about her today.
I have to work and wasn't going to get home in time to get her gift to her soooo I took it to her yesterday. I wanted to give her a special gift so I thought and thought about what I could make her. I'm all about homemade gifts. We have shared so many wonderful and some not so wonderful memories over our life time. When I started taking a walk down Memory Lane... the idea popped into my head. A MEMORY BOX! I found a cute but plain wooden box at Hobby Lobby, I decorated it with my wonderful hubby's help thinking of a little girls treasure box, then I got on the phone and started asking everyone to E-mail me a little memory that they share with Diane. I printed them out, tea stained them and rolled them up into little scrolls, tied with ribbon. I was happy with it and hoped she would love it as much as I loved making it for her.

HaPpY BiRThDaY DiaNe!! I Love you!

Diane's Memory Box

3 comments:

Dianie said...

Sniff,sniff again! Linda this was the most special, gorgeous and heartfelt gift ever! I love it so much:) You are such a sweetheart! I am so glad you became my sister. Wow, BFF and Sisters all wrapped up into one. You cant beat that.
LOve you,
Diane

Doran & Jody said...

What a treasure!
I would have sent something.

Linda said...

oh Jody I should have tried to get one from you. I am such a slacker and didn't come up with this in time to get much more than family. I'm so sorry for being a slacker