Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thinking Back

I've been thinking back to years past a lot lately for some reason.
I never dreamed my life would turn out the way it did. There have been ups and there have been downs, but I don't think I would trade it for anything. With every struggle Barney and I have been through (and there have been a lot), it seems our love and commitment to each other has grown stronger.
I have lost people that were very close to me and felt the agonizing grief of trying to make it through and in the end been able to find joy in the memories I hold in my heart.
My mom once told me that God never gives you more than you can handle. There have been times in my life when I truly thought my mom was soooooooooooo wrong about that yet, here I am still moving forward (I guess she was right after all)
Someone else told me once that no matter what life brings and no matter how dark the tunnel seems at times, keep going because sooner ore later you WILL see the light at the end. Sometimes I have felt like I will never see that light, but that's just not true. I know that now and wow!! what a relief! All I have to do is look at my kids and my grandkids and there is the light leading me in the right direction.
I have so much to be thankful for in my life and yet I still find myself letting the little things that bother me get me down. I've decided to try to plant a smile on my face every morning and remember all the wonderful things going on in my life instead of focussing in on the dumb little things that drive me crazy. My girls asked me if I'm starting to go through menopause because I'm so moody(laughing one minute and crying the next) What the heck is that all about.
I want my family to know that I love them very very much and appreciate them (most of the time anyway)
I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year filled with Health, Love and Happiness.

1 comment:

Dianie said...

Linda, All that you say is so true!
I will put a smile on right along with you too:) :) :)

~Diane