Mitch is definitely the comedian in my family. He makes every situation he's faced with into a comedy routine. I think that is one of his biggest assets. No matter how serious things are you can't help but smile and laugh when he's around.
When he told me he had been diagnosed with leukemia over a year ago I was scared to death. I had already lost my sister Jeanette at 38 years old to that disease and have another sister (Shelly) that is in remission for the second time.
He has remained the funny lighthearted guy we all love through out his battle. He has been lucky enough to have not felt ill so far, but it has progressed to the point of him needing a stem cell transplant now and he will be stuck in the hospital for several months. I have had a cold so I have not been able to go down to the Huntsman Center to see him yet but I have talked to him on the phone a few times. He is still as funny as ever. I want to send him all my love and good thoughts as he continues his battle.
LOVE YOU MITCH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment